Monday, May 18, 2009

A Banquet, Wedding and Alittle Shopping

This weekend was a busy weekend but a fun one.

Thursday night we had Mackenzie's Sport Banquet at GFBC. She received certificates in Cheerleading, Volleyball, Softball and Track. She received a extra award in Track for having the most points.





Friday ended alittle early for me (around 2pm) because we had to be at Logan Martin Lake by 5:30pm for my cousin Shelley's wedding rehearsal. I wasn't in the wedding but somehow I always get volunteered as the "Wedding Coordinator" aka J Lo. We thought it might get rained out but after a quick shower the plans were back on. We had a great time and enjoyed some really good food.





Saturday morning I was able to sleep in till about 10am. I just did somethings around the house until it was time to get ready for the wedding. Me and Shaun headed to the lake around 2 pm for pictures that started at 3. We were all hoping and praying it wasn't going to rain. Shelley must have said an extra pray that day because the rain held off and the wedding started at 5 pm as planned. She had already changed the location of the wedding because of the rain so instead of doing it outside on the lawn it was done under tents. However it still turned out absolutely beautiful. No one in the family can still believe that "OUR" baby is married. Congrats to Allen and Shelley Nicholls.







Sunday was a very special day because we got to witness my neice Madison being baptized. It was such a special moment and I was glad I was able to share it with my family. We had lunch provided for us at my sisters church and then me and Shaun headed out for our adventures day. After a quick trip in Lowes (if that is possible) we had to stop by to check out a side job then it was time to head to the mall. I told Shaun I think this was the first time we had been to the mall together and actually shopped. The trip was all about him anyways so he really couldn't complain to much. We finally found his outfit for the wedding and I must say he looked really handsome...his attire will be linen khaki pants and a white button up linen shirt. We did more shopping for him mostly just shorts and polos. I must say Shaun is alot different when it comes to buying clothes then the ex husband. We managed to survive the shopping trip and then decided to have Sumo's for dinner. Sushi...YUMMIE!!!! Afterwards we went to Target to pick up a few things but decided to go ahead and get somethings for the crusie..mostly just travel stuff (shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste..you get the point). By that point my feet were screaming at me and we headed home for the night.

Even though it was a very busy weekend we got alot accomplished.

No comments: