Friday, May 8, 2009

My Letter To Shaun

Shaun,

May 30th will start the beginning of our new life together as well as for our children. When I think about getting married, I know it’s more than just about a dress, flowers, and invitations. To me, getting married means sharing the rest of my life with you. Growing old together - 'til death do us part - with a lot of living in between. It means growing, changing and living through the good times as well as the bad. It means loving each other even when it is difficult.

I look forward to a happy life with you, Kason, Mackenzie, Mackayla and Mikah, but I'm not so unrealistic that I think we won't have any problems or difficulties. Those will be the growing times when our love and commitment will be tested, and we will emerge stronger, wiser and more deeply in love.

I want so much to love you the way my mom loves my dad. I want to be cherished, to be the most important person in your life, to be your most intimate friend. I want to be your wife. I want you tenderness and affection, your kindness and you strength. I want to be there for you when you feel happy and on top of the world, and I want to be there when your spirit has been crushed. I want to feel protected and secure in your love and to trust you at all times. I want you to feel safe with me and never to be ashamed to talk about your fears and weaknesses. I want to encourage you to stand up for your beliefs and always to do what is right. I want to stand beside you as we go through life together.

Neither of us will ever be the perfect spouse, but we can strive to please God and to do His will. By doing that now and after we are married, I know we will have the grace we need to help each other and our children get to Heaven. And, after all, that's really all that matters in the end.

I love you,
Angela

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Such a sweet post. I hope you two have many years of happiness together.

Shelley England said...

aww how sweet :o) I'm so happy for you and shaun is a great guy!

~shelley

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, this should your vows to him! Congrats.