Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update On Life - Happy Wednesday

Well lets see if I can get you update on things going on...

My dad was released from the hospital late Tuesday night (6/9)...the arteriogram only showed that one of the grafts from his open heart surgery was alittle twisted. He is scheduled to have a PET scan to see if it is something that needs to be fixed or if it would be better to be left alone. He is still having problems with his blood pressure at times so I ask that everyone just continues to keep him in your prayers.

As of June 10th Shaun is on short term disability with Alabama Power. As I have posted before he has a pinched nerve issue along with a shift disk at the L4/L5 S1 area. After much evaluation from Dr. Hrynkiw and the Alabama Power doctors that have decided that Shaun is not able to return to work as a Lineman. Hopefully Alabama Power will be able to find him another job in the company and Shaun is also looking on his own as well. For now he is being what I call the "House Husband". Even though he can't be that forever because I don't have that much money to support us he is doing a fabulous job. My bed is made everyday (he does a better job than me), laundry is done and dinner is cooked and ready for me, and the kids when we get home. I wish he could be a full time House Husband but short term only pays $25 a day so financial its alittle tough right now. Once the long term kicks in he will receive 60% of his pay but we still have awhile before that happens. I'm trying my best not to worry about it because I know if I do my part the Lord will take care of us. Please just continue to keep him in your prayers as he goes through this lift changing event.

Kason is as sweet and as mean as ever. He is doing well at daycare and had his first water day last Friday. They said he would just take off running and dive into the kiddy pool. I'm not surprised the boy loves to take a bath. They said he kept them quite entertained. He is finally learning everyones name but still calls himself Baby. He has a great time when Mikah (Shaun's son) comes over and they keep each other entertained. Ofcourse one Mikah leave Kason goes through the house calling for Mikah or will say Where Mikah at??? This morning on the way to daycare he said I want Mikah??? He loves the play time that Mikah has with him. Of course since it is Father's Day weekend Kason will be going to his dads. :( Oh well I guess they need time together.

I am doing well...I was off work yesterday with I guess a fever virus but I am back to work today. I still feel alittle weird today but hey we both can't be off work. I'm adjusting to married life again even though its not much different because Shaun was at the house alot before we got married. I still don't know if I will ever get use to Shaun snoring. I really need to invest in a good pair of ear plugs or he is going to have to have sinus surgery. Work is going well it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be coming back from a week being off. I was able to play caught up pretty well.

Of course nothing much went on last weekend since it rained all weekend. I think we pretty much stayed inside all weekend. Friday we took the family of 6 to Buffalo Wild Wings...interesting to say the least but it all went well. Saturday was a lazy day and Sunday was church and the rest was us just being lazy and playing with Kason.

Not really for sure what the plans are for the weekend. Hopefully I will get some quite pool time since I want have Kason. Of course you never know what will happen especially when 3 teenagers are involved.

Okay I better get back to work...just wanted to post an update.

No comments: