Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Kason

Two years ago you were born. I held you for the first time and looked into your eyes and thought Oh Lord what am I going to do with you.

Today you call me by name as I walk in the door. You scream, Mommie!" and run for me to pick you up. I can’t believe how much you are talking now and how much you have learned over the year. You are growing up so quickly and I just don’t feel like I am ready for that.

Now I see you growing into a strong, sturdy little boy, and I could not be more proud of you. You have a sweet spirited personality — you are curious, stubborn and loving all in a 1000% BOY. You love to play with cars and balls (Baseballs, Footballs & Basketballs) but you still insist that “Blankie” goes everywhere with you. Every day is an adventure. I only wish I could spend more of my days with you.You will always be my son.

No matter what the circumstances, I promise to love you unconditionally.

Since you were a baby, I have prayed the same prayer for you: "God, thank you for giving me a Kason. Thank you for blessing me with him. Please keep him safe and watch over every step he takes, hold him in the palm of your hand. Let him grow into a wise, godly man and let him be a light to others. And let me be the best mother I can be."

The years will fly by and you will be grown before I know it, but my prayer for you will always be the same.

Happy birthday Kason...I love you

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Such a sweet post. That prayer is precious. He is lucky to have such a loving mother. :)