Monday, December 8, 2008

16 Days Until Christmas!!!

What a great weekend...Friday night we (Me, Kason and Shaun) met my sister, Madison, Steven (The Birthday Boy) and my parents at Logan's for Steven's Birthday dinner. Afterwards we went back home and played with Kason before his bedtime and then watched Why Did I Get Married. Its about Four couples, who are also best friends, converge on a house in the mountains for a week-long retreat that has become their ritual of sorts to help work out their marital problems and ask the question "Why did I get married?". It was a pretty good movie.

Saturday morning we met my sister, Steven and Madison for the Morris Christmas Parade.




Then me and Kason spent the rest of the day together...We went and got a much needed haircut. Then we went to the Galleria, had lunch and did alittle shopping. Then we headed back home to watch the Alabama / Florida Game. I know all the Alabama fans were not happy with the out come and I must say I really wanted them to win as well...however it was a good game to watch. Later that night once Kason was asleep we watched another movie called This Christmas...another great movie.

Sunday we went to church for Series #9 of 4 Better 4 Worse - " Beware..Danger Ahead!" He gave us 8 Powers of Seduction from Proverbs 7: 10-23 : Clothing, Character, Confidence, Craftiness, Compliments, Cleverness, Callousness and Coercion. He also gave us 2 points of How to Avoid Danger? 1) Don't over estimate your personal strength! and 2) Don't under estimate the seducer's power! He has gave some really good points and examples throughout the different series and one that always sticks in my mind "Never Be Alone With The Opposite Sex". Now I never really thought of it as being a big deal because I feel like I am a trustworthy person and plus Dennis never cared but obviously it is a big deal to most men that I have talked to. There are alot of things that I have learned that were alittle strange about my previous marriage and that somethings shouldn't have been acceptable. At the end of the message he played the video by Casting Crowns "Slow Fade" I ofcourse fell apart during this song. Please take the time to watch the video. I'm telling you this song is so true.



After church we went to Shaun's mothers for lunch and then to Shaun's house for Kason a nap. I was able to get a nap in with him so it was pretty nice. Later we went back to my house and hung out and watched alittle TV. I just love Falalala Lifetime!!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!

Random Pictures From The Weekend...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures and glad to hear you had a great weekend. I must say that Fa La La La Lifetime is great! I watched a really good movie yesterday evening!!

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

I love the picture of Kason looking up at the tree. He is uch a cutie!!!

Anonymous said...

Angela, you can tell you spend alot of time and effort in your blog. How do you do music on your blog and videos? Thank you for your stories!