Monday, November 24, 2008

I Miss My Little Boy!!!

Well Kason has been at his Dad's all weekend and because he has his 15 mth checkup today he stayed with his Dad a extra night so he could just meet me with him instead of having to go to daycare today...and let me say I REALLY miss my little boy and can't wait to see him.

Friday night since neither me or Shaun had kids this weekend we decided to do dinner and a movie. I have really been wanting to see FireProof since I saw the previews during the Summer and we just haven't had a chance to go. Alot of people I know have seen the movie and said it was great and showed the spiritual side of how a marriage should be. My sister saw it a couple of weekends ago and said that I might not be ready to see it yet. I must say she was right. I definitely think it is a great movie for "Struggling" or "Happy" marriages but not so much for someone who has just gone through a divorce within the last year.

The Story:
At work, inside burning buildings, Capt. Caleb Holt lives by the old firefighter's adage: Never leave your partner behind. At home, in the cooling embers of his marriage, he lives by his own rules.
Growing up, Catherine Holt always dreamed of marrying a loving, brave firefighter...just like her daddy. Now, after seven years of marriage, Catherine wonders when she stopped being "good enough" for her husband.
Regular arguments over jobs, finances, housework, and outside interests have readied them both to move on to something with more sparks.
As the couple prepares to enter divorce proceedings, Caleb's father challenges his son to commit to a 40-day experiment: "The Love Dare." Wondering if it's even worth the effort, Caleb agrees-for his father's sake more than for his marriage. When Caleb discovers the book's daily challenges are tied into his parents' newfound faith, his already limited interest is further dampened.
While trying to stay true to his promise, Caleb becomes frustrated time and again. He finally asks his father, "How am I supposed to show love to somebody who constantly rejects me?"
When his father explains that this is the love Christ shows to us, Caleb makes a life-changing commitment to love God. And with God's help he begins to understand what it means to truly love his wife.
But is it too late to fireproof his marriage? His job is to rescue others. Now Caleb Holt is ready to face his toughest job ever...rescuing his wife's heart.
NEVER LEAVE YOUR PARTNER BEHIND!!!

I had purchased the book about a month or so ago and after seeing the movie Me and Shaun decided to do the book together even though we are not married but both of us have been previously divorced and we thought it would really be good for our relationship.

Okay enough about that....

Saturday I spent all day cleaning my house all the way down to the base boards. I was also able to finish up decorating for Christmas except for the outside and will finish that up on Friday. Shaun had to work on a side job first thing that morning so afterwards he came over and did a few things for me around my house that was much needed. Later that night we cooked on the grill and just hung out at the house.

Sunday we went to church for are 7th Series of "4 Better 4 Worse" titled "Every Womans Dream" He gave 5 Characteristics of a Godly Man out of Psalm 125 and Ephesians 5. Afterwards we went and had are normal Sunday lunch at his mom's house. We both fell asleep on his moms couch and then took Mackenzie to Walmart. Once we got back me and Mackenzie decorated their Christmas tree and watched TV will Shaun did things around his house. Later we went back to my house and hung out.

We have a busy week ahead of us...As I mentioned earlier Kason's has his 15mth checkup today which will involve a couple of shots and his last flu shot. Wednesday night we go to my MawMaws for decorating of her Christmas tree. This is something that we have been doing for years and all the Grandkids and now Great Grandkids participate. Thursday ofcourse is TURKEY DAY!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH and lets not forget about the IRON BOWL on Saturday. I'm sure I will have alot of pictures to post as the week goes by..ofcourse that is if I get my computer to work at home.

If I don't get to post anymore this week..I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Who knows maybe you will "Fireproof" future relationships. It sounds as if you stayed busy while your little man was away. I hope he had a healthy check-up. Happy Thanksgiving!