Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Viral Infection

Well as I mentioned yesterday I took Kason to Dr. Walley's because he had been running a fever since Sunday. When I picked him up from being with his Granny most of the day he looked really pitiful and I could tell he wasn't feeling well. Needless to say we tested negative for strep and are being treated as a viral infection. Which means no antibiotics and it has to run its course. He did give him some accuhist which is suppose to help with the runny nose and cough. He also threw in some sample of Maxifed for me..because Lord knows moms don't have time to go to the doctor when your child is sick. Did I mention that his Granny said he had been vomiting I guess do to the drainage in his throat. Well I got that good experience once we left the doctors office he decided to start vomiting. So I had to stop in the McDonalds parking lot..if you have been to St. Vincents you know where Im talking about and tried to get him cleaned up. I striped him down and put some pants on him and left him without a shirt...then it was back on the road. I thought I would use the CVS in Fultondale since it was close to the house but they didn't have the accuhist in stock so I had to go to Walgreen's. Now I pulled into the driving thru at 4:45 pm and finally at 5:30 pm I made it to the window to learn that they had 1 box left and that it would take probably another 10 or so minutes to fill. Now most everyone who knows me knows I have no patience at all. I never said I did and I know better than to pray for it. I said no I have already waited in line for 45 mins and did I mention my child has now vomited again in the car so at this point he is just sitting in it. GROSS!!!!! I told them no I will have someone come and get it. So we headed home to learn that his fever was at 104.1 and so I not only put him in the tub to clean him up but to try and get his fever down. Afterwards I put his PJ's on and he laid in his nursery floor and went to sleep. I talked to Shaun and after waiting in line inside Walgreen's when it was finally his turn they still didn't have the accuhist ready. All I can say is it is a good thing I didn't wait..oh and did I mention it was $50. WHAT A RIP OFF!!!! Finally they had the medicine ready and he headed to the house. Kason woke up around 7 and I brought him in the den and he just laid on the couch finally about 7:45 I put him in the bed and he went to sleep. Ofcourse if it was only that easy...i was up ever 3 hours giving Motrin and Tylenol not to mention the multiple times he woke up crying. Lucky for me he would lay back down and go back to sleep. He was alittle ill this morning and is staying at his Granny's today. Hopefully this want last long and we will be on the road to recovery.

I really think God has a BIG BIG sense of humor with me these days.... Because hey I had to wait in line for 45 minutes to vote this morning. I mean who puts N-R all in the same line. I guess God is going to teach me patience one way or other. He probably just gets a big kick out of me sometimes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Kason gets to feeling better real soon! Mom's never get rest when their baby's are sick!