Saturday, January 24, 2009

Go Torches!!!!

Okay so my weekend has started off alittle different. Shaun had told me at the beginning of the week that Mackenzie was getting some excellence's award for cheerleading Friday night at the basketball game and he wanted to go. Bad thing is it doesn't start until 7:30 pm. Now most of you know I try and put Kason to bed every night at 8:00 pm. so I'm thinking this isn't going to be good but I agree to go anyways. Well yesterday I had pretty much made my mind up I wasn't going because I knew Kason wasn't going to sit still that long and all he was going to do was cry for the ball so I told Shaun we weren't going. Ofcourse he comes back saying Please Mackenzie is already expecting us so he really wanted us to go. So I said FINE!!! So I go pick up Kason from daycare and he just seems alittle whiny when we get home..so ofcourse I'm already thinking and telling Shaun this is going to be a nightmare of a night. Anyways after Shaun gets here and gets ready we head to Chick fil A for dinner and hopefully alittle play time for Kason on the inside playground. Finally around 7 pm we headed to the basketball game. Ofcourse the girls are still playing and the game is running behind. OH GREAT is all I am thinking. I didn't mind going to the game I just wish it would have been minus Kason because like I thought he wanted down and wanted to throw out like a crazy person. I think the boys game finally started sometime around 8 pm. Kason ofcourse was getting restless so Shaun took him out one time so he could play around for awhile. Okay if anyone remembers how basketball games are the cheerleaders normally do cheers in between timeouts, periods and halftime. Well what I'm about to say is something that has never happened to me before. We are probably sitting on about the 3 row up and the cheerleaders come out to do their cheer. As they come out I was thinking wow they sure are getting awful close. Then all of a sudden this is what I hear... HEY Angela (I'm thinking to myself why did they just say my name) Shaun has something to ask you and he turns to me and says Will You Marry Me??? I know my face was about 10 shades of red because at this point I wanted to crawl into a hole. I am one of those people who doesn't mind being in a crowd but I don't like all the attention just on me. I say YES and everybody starts making that AHHHHHHH noise and clapping. Obviously him and Mackenzie planned this at the beginning of the week and I had no idea. I must say I give him points for creativeness.

Oh and by the way there never was a excellence award for Mackenzie he just said I had to get you hear some how.

6 comments:

Tim, Rachel & kids said...

Awww!! Congrats!! I really hope that you are happy and have found someone that will always love and cherish you. He seems like a great guy... you deserve it!

Jeremy and Kourtney Keith said...

Congratulations to you both!! You deserve all of the happiness in the world!!

Doug, April & Nathan said...

First I want to say congrats for the second time!!! Second, you know that I like Shaun. I think he is perfect for you and will ALWAYS take care of you and Kason. You more than deserve it. One question, in this next wedding your not going to make me wear another bridesmaid dress are you?? LOL :)

facingthetrend said...

What a neat proposal! Congrats!

--Deborah

Crystal said...

I am so happy for you. I wish you all the best. You definitely deserve it.

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

CONGRATS!! You deserve to be happy!