Monday, February 16, 2009

Sickness, Valentine's and a Birthday all in 1 Weekend

Well my weekend didn't start off as I hoped it would. I woke up Friday morning not feeling so well and after getting sick I still felt like I needed to try and go into work. Well needless to say I only made it until about 9:30 am and I headed back home. Once I finally got home (it felt like I would never get there) my body was ache and I was running a fever. Needless to say I stayed in bed all day and all night. Shaun came over after work and brought me some dinner and a movie. My fever finally broke around 3:30 am and I'm thinking I'm healed and because I had slept all day and night I was up around 6:30-7 am Saturday morning. Shaun brought me breakfast and we were going to go to Walmart because we needed groceries. Well I didn't quite make that because by the time I got to Walmart in Trussville I felt like I was going to be sick again so Shaun took me back home. I crawled back into the bed and yet again I was running a low grade fever. Me and Shaun had reservation at The Melting Pot for 5:15 pm and I'm thinking I don't care how much Tylenol I have to take I'm not missing our dinner reservation. Shaun went back to Trussville and bought groceries for me...which I must say was FABULOUS and I finally was able to get up and moving around 3 and we headed to dinner. As you can see by the pictures below we had a great time. It was a different experience for both of us but the food was really good. We tried to be romantic like all the other couples but ofcourse we had to add a little laughter in there as well. I guess it was a good thing they put us in the back corner.

Happy Valentine's and Happy Birthday Shaun


Romance and Laughter all in 1 with us.....


Sunday was a better day for me I was finally feeling better and NO FEVER. We went to church and then stopped by Cracker Barrel for take out for us and all the kids and headed to Shaun's mom. After lunch we (Me, Shaun, Mikah, Mackenzie and Mackayla) all piled in the truck and headed to my house. We did a few things around the house while Kason was taking a nap at Nana's then me and Shaun headed to Wildcat Country to pick him up. After a quick trip into Walmart we headed home and made homemade pizza's and watched a movie with all of the kids.

Kason ofcourse is running another fever and has yet another ear infection so I have a call into the ENT doctor today. Now my mom has what I had so I guess Kason carried something home to me and her from daycare. Thanks little guy!!!

Don't really know what the week holds. I'm sure Kason will have to go to his dad's this weekend and I hope to go to Mackenzie's cheerleading competition on Saturday.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Bummer to be sick anytime. It appears you made the most of it anyway.

Unknown said...

Yuck...hate that you were sick but I am glad to hear you were feeling better to go eat dinner! Poor Kason..I hope he feels better soon!!

Jennifer Reno-Pierce said...

I haven't stopped by your blog in a while, but you have been a busy girl. Many congratulations on your engagement! I cannot believe how much that baby is growing and changing. Keep me updated.

xoxo,

Jenn