Monday, February 2, 2009

6 more weeks of Winter...Happy Groundhog Day

Well Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was spent in West Palm Beach Florida. Even though I spent Wednesday night in a meeting, Thursday and half a day on Friday in class it was nice to be in the 80 degree weather. Thursday after class me and Lisa went for dinner and alittle shopping. We decided to go into Macy's and try on dresses because A - what else is there to do and B- I figured I needed to start looking for a formal dress for mine and Shaun's cruise. I will get into that later. So I picked out a few dress and went into the dressing room to try them on and that's when I found it. There it was hanging in the dressing room and it was just my size....

Not to mention it was 50% off and I go an additional 15% off. I absolutely love it and it fits me GREAT!!! Shaun tells me Thursday that he is leaving for Kentucky Friday morning to work the ice storm damage and may be gone 8-10 days. Even though I do miss him he needs all the extra money he can get right now...Did I mention his truck is totaled. Even though he has to buy another vehicle we are still very thankful that Mackayla wasn't harmed in the wreck. As my mom would say these are just material things.

My dad and mom had to pick me up from the airport on Friday since Shaun had to go out of town. Friday evening was mostly spent at the house unpacking and enjoying a nice quite house. My plan was to sleep late Saturday morning but for some reason I woke up at 6:30 am but I made myself go back to sleep until 9:30 am. Since Kason wasn't home I knew I needed to finish painting what will be Mackenzie room when we get married. I had already done 2 walls so I only had 2 more to do. So now that is done and over with...YEAH!!!! I talked to my mom and she said her and Madison were going to the mall and I decided I wanted to ride. So I put the rest of my house chores on hold for the day and spent the day with my Mom and Maddie. Madison spent most of her time at the mall in Build A Bear and I started doing alittle Summer clothes shopping for Kason. Once we were done at the mall we made a quick trip by David's Bridal...let me just say NIGHTMARE and I knew there was a reason I was online shopping because I'm not going through that madness again. I was in and out in probably less than 10 minutes. After my mom dropped me off at the house I headed back out for alittle more shopping and then to Walmart to pick up a few groceries. Then I headed home with a Cheese Pizza and a Dr. Pepper and called it a night. Sunday morning I went to church and then meet Dennis to pick up Kason...YEAH because I had really missed the little guy. Ofcourse when I picked him up he tells me that his ear started draining yesterday. It probably wouldn't have been such a big deal but his tube had fell out of that ear on Wednesday so I was alittle confused on why it was draining. I was headed to my moms so I just called the nurse when I got there and ofcourse she said they needed to see him. So at 5:30 pm me and my dad head to After Hours on 280 for a 6:45 appointment. Ofcourse we have another ear infection and after picking up his antibiotics we were home by around 9:30pm. I decided not to send Kason to daycare today since it was raining and sometimes you just need to stay home with them. The ear infection hasn't bothered him. He has been his wild little self today, into everything and throwing fits when he doesn't get what he wants. I told him one day he will realize he is just wasting his fits because that doesn't work on me.
.
Many people have been asking since the blog regarding the engagement if we had set a date. We have and are getting married on May 30th at my Aunt's house (Robin mark your calendar) and then leaving out on May 31st for a cruise until June 6th. We kind of planned it that way so we would be on the cruise for my 30th Birthday on the 5th and plus we want to get Mackenzie settled in at the house before she starts her senior year. I really don't know much about the cruise yet because my Travel agent aka SISTER is handling it for me. The wedding will be mostly just family and a couple of close friends...and if I don't find a cheap dress I like I still haven't ruled out courthouse. ;)

I hope everyone had a great last week and a good weekend. Please continue to keep me and Kason in your prayers.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Wow! Alot of changes will be taking place. Hope Kason feels better! And again, I do promise it gets better!

Kim said...

Congratulations on your engagement!! Hope Kason is feeling better soon...

Tim, Rachel & kids said...

Aww, I am excited for you. Sounds like you have a great plan. You need to email me and let me know about the cruise. Tim and I are planning one for this summer for our 10 year anniversary. So if you have any tips let me know. (I have only been on one .. my senior trip and my mom planned it.... so I need help finding the best one!) I hope Kason's ears get better.