Friday, March 13, 2009

Finally Friday!!!

Wow what a crazy week....Wednesday morning my mom had to take my dad back to the emergency room because he woke up with chest pain, numbness in his arm and night sweats. His doctor decided to go ahead and do another arteriogram to see what was going on. Once he started the procedure he decided the best strategy at the time would be to add two additional stents (total of 5 now), one in the middle and one in the origin of the left anterior descending artery. Ofcourse all this means nothing to me because I don't really understand medical talk but I do understand when the doctor says that if this stent that is close to his left main throws a clot it could be lift threatening...not really the news you want to get about your daddy. The doctor said that stenting the areas would be better than bypass surgery right now and the only thing he has to do is continue taking his medicine. Dr. Cavender did tell my mom that if he had any signs of problems that he needed to be brought in asap. I talked with my dad this morning and he seems to be doing well just alittle sore from all the procedures. I know at this point it is in God's hands and we just have to have faith that he will take care of my daddy...but sometimes that is easier said than done. Please just continue to keep my daddy and our family in your prayers. I am in the process of sending his paperwork to a physician at UAB for a second opinion but in the end it is up to my dad to make the final decision on what he thinks needs to be done and if he has peace about his decision then who can argue with that.

Update on Kason....he finally can tell me how old he is. We have this crazy thing we do in the morning on the way to daycare. I will turn the rear view mirror to were he can see me and he will either dance while I sing, we blow kisses at each, play peek a boo or do this crazy thing with our mouths to each other. I know it sounds crazy and I'm sure alot of people think I'm talking to myself if they see me driving down the road but it our time together. So in the morning I have started telling him how old he is and I will hold up one finger. So know when you say hey how old is Kason he will stick his little index finger in the air and say 1. It is just the cutest thing and I love the little moments that we share with each other. This is the weekend he has to go to his daddy's so he will be greatly missed.

Also starting June 1st Kason will start daycare at Mt. Vernon. (church beside Kmart) This was not a easy decision for me because he has been at the Nazarene since he started and I love all the women at the daycare but I think it will be good for him and it will be closer for me in the mornings and after work. He will start 2 year old preschool in August and they will do things like color, learn small things like letters and numbers, bible story time, how to walk and stand in line and most importantly and alittle stressful for me potty training. I'm not really forsure I'm ready for my little boy to potty train but I know he can't stay in diapers forever. This is were Mr. Shaun will come into play because I don't have the same parts to show him how it needs to be done. Let me just say this change should be very interesting. Needless to say Madison is super excited that her and Kason will be at the same place during the summer.

Not really for sure what my plans are for the weekend. I do know Saturday morning I am sleeping in just alittle bit. We wanted to do somethings outside around the house but I don't think the weather is going to allow that. Sunday is church and me and Shaun are going to try a Sunday School class out together. I told him if he wanted me to go to such a big church we are going to have to get into a class so we can meet other people. We both think it will be good for us and are excited about it.

Wedding plan progress...I finally made a decision on my dress. I have order and sent back what felt like 100 dresses and I finally decided to go with a white eyelet material sundress from JcPenny's. We received our invitations (they are a photo card I made from Shutterfly) in the mail a couple of weeks ago and on Monday I received our monogrammed style initials that we are using as the cake topper.
It will look like this but with our initials SDA


My cake will look something like this if anyone have never seen the cupcake style wedding cake. Haven't really decided on how it will be decorated yet but I know we are using red or hot pink roses or both depending on what my florist (Amy) decides to use. :)


Most importantly the honeymoon as been booked and paid for...YEAH!!!! We will fly out to Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday, May 31 and dock the boat at 4pm. We will spend Monday in Key West, FL, Tuesday will be a day at sea, Wednesday will be Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Thursday will be Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Friday (My 30th Birthday) a day at sea and Saturday will will dock back at Ft. Lauderdale. We will have some time in Ft. Lauderdale when we return so we might rent a car and go and visit some of Shaun's friends from when he lived in Ft. Lauderdale.

Next week...Is Spring Break for Jefferson County and we are going down on Friday to spend the weekend with my sister and her family in Gulf Shores. I know its not beach weather yet but it sure will be nice to get away for a couple of days.

Hope everyone has had a great week!!

Love you all, Angela & Kason

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will be praying for your dad! Hopefully he will take your advice and go for a 2nd opinion just to be sure!!

I cannot wait for Kason to start to Mt. Vernon - I am sure he will love it! Brayden does really good there and everyone is really nice!

Sounds like all the planning is coming along very well! A cruise sounds so nice! Be sure to take lots and lots of pics!!

Have a great weekend despite all the rain.

Jeremy and Kourtney Keith said...

Hey girl!! I love the cake and topper you picked!!

I don't know if you know it or not, but we only live a few houses away from each other...I live at 6616 (It sits way back off the road). We should get the kids together some time to play. They would have a blast!!