Monday, March 30, 2009

My Dad Is Back Home

Well today was back to the real world...real world meaning work ofcourse. Weekend was pretty uneventful. Friday I spent most of the day with my mom at the hospital and then that evening I spent with Kason and Shaun. We ordered pizza for dinner and after Kason went to bed we decided to rent Twilight..must say it was a great movie.

Saturday morning Kason actually slept until 8:20 am. After breakfast him and Shaun went to Lowe's and Shaw's Building Supplies and I just did somethings around the house. Me and Shaun did manage to get my closet organizer installed and then later that evening Kason had his picture made with live bunnies. Even though he didn't smile very much in the pictures he was truly amazed with the bunnies. He kept poking at them and trying to stick his finger in there mouth. I was just hoping he wasn't going to get bit. I still think the pictures turned out pretty well. That night we just hung out at the house and Shaun cooked steak and chicken kabobs on the grill.

Sunday ofcourse we went to church and then me, Shaun, Kason, Mackenzie and Mikah all went to Mexican for lunch. I dropped them off back at the house and I went to visit with my dad and mom at the hospital. It was so great to see my dad even though he is alittle slow moving right now he sounded and looked really good. When I got home I came home to a house full of kids. Mackenzie had gotten home from the mall, Kason and Mikah were playing in the den, Shaun had cooked dinner and Mackayla and her boyfriend came over. The evening was spent pretty much in different areas of the house.

And well today it was back to work. My mom called around 10 am and said they were on there way home from the hospital. I know my dad and mom are happy to be back at the house and plus my dad finally got to wash his hair. Ofcourse the last 2 nights Kason has woke up anywhere from 12 to 2 and cried off and on for 2 hours. Last night was the finally straw for me because I don't do well without sleep especially when he woke up this morning again at 6 am crying again. I had noticed he had been pulling at his little boy part so I was beginning to wonder if he had a UTI. So I did what most moms would do and called the doctor. Ofcourse she said she wanted Dr. Walley to see him so I called his daddy to see if he could meet me up there with him at 4:00 pm so I didn't have to leave work any earlier. After describing his symptoms and showing him a few areas of concern...he swab his booty area and yes we have what is called Perianal Streptococcal Dermatitis. What might Perianal Streptococcal Dermatitis be you might ask ??? Well its the same strep you get in your throat but its around his anal hole. Dr. Walley thought it might just be a yeast infection but decided to swab it anyways just to check. He said he has only seen 3 cases but knowing Kason it wouldn't surprise him if it was positive. Who knew you could get anal strep. That just doesn't even sound good and Dr. Walley said it can be very painful and itchy....so I guess this explains the not so good last couple of nights we have had. He sent us home with amoxicillin and said this should do the trick. All I can say is only Kason. Needless to say he is going to stay with his Granny Linda tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Pictures Shaun took with my Nikon camera...not a digital camera exposure film but it takes great pictures.
















5 comments:

Jeremy and Kourtney Keith said...

Bless Kason's little heart. That sounds terrible. We will say a prayer that the antibiotic works quickly and he is not in anymore pain. I am so happy that your Dad is back home. Please, let me know if there is anything we can do. Also, that camera takes amazing pictures. I still use mine, it is not near as convient as a digital though.

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

I am glad your dad is back home and getting better. I hope Kason starts to feel better himself. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!

A mom and one princess said...

Ok so I know this is weird but I work at Brookwood Urgent Care in Gardendale and i found your blog through other peoples blog and recognized you from coming in! I just wanted to drop a comment to say that your little boy is precious!

Lindsey

Misty said...

Poor little guy! I still PROMISE it gets better! Glad to hear your dad went home. Hope all is well.

The Reno Family said...

Glad to hear that your dad is doing well.

I must say I am very glad to know that Parker has not had half of Kason's sicknesses. Hope he feels better soon.