Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Day and Forward

Well we didn't really have a wild New Year's Eve....dinner at Iguana Grill's and then home for movies. I watched the NY ball drop and obviously feel asleep at 11:45 and work up at 1:15 am and realized I had missed it. Oh well really not a big disappointment to me. :) New Year's Day Shaun had to work so me and Mikah meet him at his mom's for New Year's day food. I had greens and black eyed peas so I'm looking for alot of money and luck this year. Afterwards I went shopping for awhile just to get out of the house. I did purchase a 15 inch glass vase from Homegoods and then some dried sticks for the bath room. I'm so happy to finally have the bathroom almost finished. We still have to finish the ceiling and hopefully replace the window to something like this...

Here is the bathroom

Sticks and Vase from Home Goods




Then Saturday we got bored so we decided to go ahead a rip the carpet up in the living room and hallway. My house is 1964 so I had the old hardwoods through out the whole house. I have already had the dinner room and Kason's room refinished and I love it. I know refinishing the living room and hall is something I can't do tomorrow but it will get done as well to match the rest. It actually looks good except for the hall has a piece of plywood from the old furnace in the floor. Hoping that can be a easy fix ;) For now I just have to touch up the base boards were the paint wasn't finished due to the carpet.


This is the biggest problem and were the finished is rough.

I'm still happy we did it because It's better than carpet and once they get refinished it will look great. I love the look of the old hardwood floors.

Today we went to church and then headed to Shaun's parents to find out they weren't home today so that meant no Sunday lunch :(. We decided to go to Zaxby's and then we had to take Mikah home and then we headed home for a nice nap. Pretty much the rest of the day has been spent at home trying to stay warm. Not really looking forward to going to work in the morning in this really cold weather.

As far as 2010 I'm looking for a year of new beginning. My prayer for my life is that I make the right decision for me and Kason. I have to leave my mind open and sensitive to God's spirit. I want to do what he wants and not what I want. Whatever it is or whatever he has planned for me and Kason I know that he will see us through it if I allow him to take control of my life. I didn't live the life I know I really should have last year and I pray this year I stay on a straighter path. I'm still dealing with alot of things from my previous marriage and I know that it will continue to get better if I allow it to. Thanks to my family for being there when I needed you and for being there even when I didn't want you there. A good family is hard to come by these days and I can't thank mine enough. The last 2 years have been tough for me some for decision made by others and some made by myself. That's why 2010 is the year of new beginning for me whether good or bad I want to do what God wants me to do.

Please continue to keep my family in your friends and Happy New Years!!!

No comments: