Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cranky Crab has Strep Throat AGAIN!!!

Well I thought Monday wasn't going to set the standards for how the rest of my week was going to go but maybe it is. I got a call from Daycare at 11:10 today and they said Kason would not eat or drink anything and is running a 102.5 temp. Ofcourse the first thing that comes to my mind is strep throat because I have already been down that road with him at 8 months. I know the chances of a child his age having strep throat is not liking but when it comes to me it is likely. When I got to daycare he was sound asleep in the pack-n-play so I decided to go ahead and call the doctor to see if they could work us in. So at 1:30 we headed to Redmont Pediatrics for a 2 pm appointment. I explained to the doctor that he acted this same way when he had strep in the past and so she ran a strep test and POSITIVE was the result. I ofcourse asked for him to get a shot of penicillin because I don't like 10 day antibiotics who has time to be off work for 3 days until the antibiotics kick in...NOT ME!!! I don't think Kason was to happy about that decision but that is why I'm the mother and he is the child. For the most part this evening he has been pretty ill at times he seems fine but others he is just real whiny. Hopefully we will have a good night of sleep and then he is off to his dad's in the morning ofcourse after he takes his other kids to school first. This is why I will never regret the comment I made to him the weekend he left.

This is what awaited me at daycare


His Shirt Says It ALL!!!




1 comment: