Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Review

Where to begin??? Well Friday night was spent at the funeral home. As I was there preparing myself to see Brother Taylor as he stood by his loving wife of 59+ years, it really brought back emotions of what a marriage is suppose to be and the love that you are suppose to have for each other. You could see the sadness in his eyes even though he knows she is in a much better place. I know God has a great plan for me and Kason, I pray one day God will send me that one person that will love me and Kason no matter what and will stand by us through many trials that a marriage brings. I'm sure Brother Taylor and Sister Grace had trying times in their lives, as most married people do, but with the help from God he was able to stand by her as she laid there and say he had a loving, Godly Wife and Mother. Like I said the other day Sister Grace had no idea how many lives she touched by being a Godly woman and one day she will unite again with her husband.

Saturday morning started off about 7am....Its amazing what you can get done when you get up so early in the morning. After Kason's morning nap we headed to the Galleria with Leslie and Madison. I decided the night before to go ahead and let Kason sit forward facing in his car seat. We have been at the weight limit since 9 months and since his birthday is coming up I figured I would go ahead and change him. He finally gets to see the world in a different way.


Our first stop for the morning was at Angel Hair in Hoover for Kason's First Haircut. I was alittle concerned on how this was going to work because most of you know Kason doesn't like to be held down and loves to move around but to my surprise and his Nana's when I called her, he did AMAZING. They have it setup really well for kids and as you can see by the pictures they had him sitting in a boat. They also have a horse and a firetruck that they move up to when they get older It is definitely a great idea because it keeps them distracted while they get there hair cut. MaryAnn did a great job with his hair and now he truly looks like a little boy.


After that we head to the Galleria for some shopping, lunch and ofcourse a ride on the carousel.
.
Next stop was the Summit for some more shopping and a quick trip into Pottery Barn kids so Madison could play with the Kitchen stuff. I have also come to the conclusion on this shopping trip that I need to start designing boy's clothes. I mean why does everything have to be sports related???? I know boys love sports but not everyone wants it on every outfit of clothes. I did manage to get Kason some winter clothes from the Children's Place so I felt accomplished at the end of the day. Then it was time to head back home from a very tried day of shopping.


That night I got to go out with my group of friends that I play cards with on Sunday night. We first stop by The Palace in Truss Vegas for some Chinese aka CAT and then about 10 of us headed to Trussville Play Station for putt putt golf. I have NEVER EVER played so well!!!I WON out of all 10 of us and I was 6 under par not to mention I got 2 hole in 1's. After that we went back to Shaun's house for a movie. Needless to say it was 1:30 am when I got home this morning which was way past my bed time. Sunday was church and because I got in so late I was struggling to stay awake in church so I was in much need of a nap and I got it....3 hours in fact.
Well I guess it is off to bed for the night. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

The picture of Kason asleep in his car seat is adorable.

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

I am glad I told you about Angel Hair b/c I love the new hair cut! I have to say he does look like a big boy now mommy!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very busy and accomplished weekend! It was great seeing you yesterday and talking. Kason is so cute in his pictures!