Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Kason

Here are some of my favorite pictures from his 1st year.


Dear Kason

Let me first off say Happy 1st Birthday!!!! I cannot tell you how much I have treasured this year. You have awakened a new kind of love in me and to be honest it has taken me by surprise. With that love came a full range of other emotions. I have experienced feelings of helplessness when you were crying in the early months. Feelings of pity when you were in pain from what the doctors finally figured out was reflux and feelings of uncertainty about all the new aspects of life that being a parent brings with it. . I’ve watched you go from a tiny infant to a determined little boy with a mind of your own. You have inspired me by just being you. You have made me look at life in a different perspective and about life beyond my own and its consequences. You can count on me when you need support or a hand to catch you in case you fall.

It has been incredible to watch you discover the world around you and to discover the fact that you can interact with it. You have places that you want to go, explore and all you want from those of us around you is perhaps a hand to chew on or a hand to hold. I will always be here for you, when you want to play peek a boo, snuggle, or when you wake up at 12 AM, crying because your teeth hurt or just because, I will always hold you and keep you close. As I watch you explore your world, always know I am your BIGGEST fan.

Even thought this year has been a very emotional for me, and one day I will try my best to explain I just want you to know that I love you with all of my heart and I can’t give God enough praise for giving me such a precious gift and for allowing me to be your mommy. I know that you are my saving grace. I could never put into words what a great part of my world you are, or what a large portion of my heart you have claimed. I'm glad I have been able to share all your new steps in life and I can't imagine not being able to see you smile, laugh and ofcourse suck your thumb everyday. Every moment of your life is a new blessing in mine. You were the one who made me a mother.

You are My I Love You,
Mommie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!I can hardly type with the tears in my eyes...That was a very special letter that Kason will treasure all his life...It seems like yesterday that we were planning and so excited for him to come into this world...and how the world has changed since August 21, 2007. He is truly a blessing and I can't wait, as his Me-me, to watch him grow and change...Happy Birthday Scooter...Love your Me-me...:)

Crystal said...

How sweet! Your words are so thoughtful and touching. He is such a beautiful little boy. I hope you two enjoy today. HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, KASON!

Chris, Nichole & Colby! said...

I think that is the sweetest thing I have ever read before! It is a real blessing being a Mommy!! Happy 1st B-day Kason!!!

facingthetrend said...

So, so sweet!

--Deborah